Architect (ph.D), Lecturer, Researcher, Author, Translator, Dreamer.
Born: Iran, Tehran. 16 january 1988
Mahya Sadeghipour was born on January 16, 1988 in Tehran, Iran. She has a Ph.D. degree in architecture and has 15 years of professional experience in the field of architecture and urban planning, she deals with social development and its impact on architecture and urban planning. She tries hard to narrate the evolution of biological structures in Iranian architecture by observing and analyzing the relationship between architecture, culture and lifestyle. Mahya has a history of working with various architectural offices for many years. Also, during the last 9 years, she has been continuously teaching architecture in different units of Tehran Azad University and she is a member of the board of directors of Amard Tarh Novin Architecture Studio, which deals with the design, supervision and execution of projects in different scales and uses.
Since 2010, Mahya has written for professional publications and articles on shopping malls, consumption and lifestyle, gender and public space, overturned overview and surveying of Caspian coastal cities, etc., and books entitled space of children, junkspace with running room, Where are the women architects? The Design Process in Architecture, and an article in the book named Introduction to Japanese Architecture. In addition to her career path and enjoyable motherly role, she is very interested in the sport of football and among the arts, she is interested in literature and writing, playing the tonbak and painting, and pursues them professionally.
The following are some of her selected scientific and research records:
- PhD in Architecture, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Central Branch, 2014 till 2018
- Master of Architecture, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Central Branch, 2011 till 2014
- Bachelor of Architecture, Islamic Azad University, Tehran Central Branch (Excellent student of the course, admission without entrance exam in master’s degree), 2007 till 2011
Selected professional background
- Member of the Board of Directors of Amard Tarh Novin, the Technical and Engineering Office, Gilan Province
- Design of Leman Welfare Residential Complex, Kalachai, Gilan Province (2020)
- Design of cultural and commercial center, Lahijan, Gilan province (2020)
- Design and implementation of library and cultural center of Vajargah city, Gilan province (2016)
- Design and supervision of the residential tower of Tonekabon city, Mazandaran province (2014)
- Collaboration with S2 Architecture Studio (2014)
- Design of Doctors Center, Rasht city, Gilan province (2017)
- Design and supervision of Golsar office-commercial complex, Rasht, Gilan province (2017)
- Design and implementation of a family villa in Vajargah city, Gilan province (2016)
- Design of Sadaf Dental Clinic, Sirjan, Kerman (2015)
- Member of the design and supervision group for the implementation of a residential complex located in Saadatabad, Tehran (2014)
- Design and implementation of dialysis treatment center in Rudsar city, Gilan province (2012)
- Active membership in the Young municipal Club of Tehran Municipality, District Five (2009-2009)
- License holder and member of the Engineering System Organization in Gilan Provins
- Cooperation with Karshiv Consulting Engineers (2010-2011)
- Teaching at the Islamic Azad University, Tehran Central Branch, from the first semester of 2014 until now
- Teaching at the Islamic Azad University, West Tehran Branch, from the second semester of 2015 until now
- Teaching in the Cultural Heritage Higher Education Center, first and second semesters, 2014-2015
- Teaching in Sama Technical College, from the second semester of 2014 to the first semester of 2018
- Teaching distance learning undergraduate courses
- Instructor of the 4th Architecture Marathon, Iran Architecture Center, December 2019
Selected research records
- Translation of the book Design Process in Architecture, by Jeffrey Maktotis, Fekre No Publications.
- Author of an article in the book Introduction to Japanese Architecture, Kenzo Tange and Oriental World Discourse, Fekre No Publications.
- Translation of the book junkSpace with running room, by Rom Koolhaas, Fekre No Publications.
- Translation of the book where are the women architects? Fekre No Publications.
- Translation of the book Designing Spaces for Children, Creating Child-Friendly Environments, Farhoush Publications.
- Writing a book on lifestyle narration in shopping malls.
- Translation of the book World of Shopping Centers, Architecture of consumption.
- Selected design of the 13th Mirmiran Architecture Award with the theme of dynamic architecture, May 2016.
- Holding a specialized meeting on the subject of the world of shopping centers, consumer architecture, University of Arts, December 2016.
- Holding a specialized meeting on the subject of showy architecture, shopping centers and consumer culture, Islamic Azad University, West Tehran Branch, March 2016.
- Publication of an article in the practical quarterly journal of geography and regional planning entitled Analysis of the evolution of the planning characteristics of shopping centers in Tehran, May 2016.
- Publication of an article in Armanshahr scientific-research journal entitled Assessment of physical factors affecting cultural consumption patterns in shopping centers, June 2016.
- Publication of an article entitled Kenzo Tange and World Oriental Discourse in the Journal of Art and Architecture, Fall 2016.
- Printing and presenting a poster at the Third International Conference on Modern Research in Civil Engineering, Architecture and Urban Development, entitled Reconditioning The Concept of Space In Poems of the Poet Sohrab Sepehri, Berlin, Germany, July 2016.
- Published and presented at the Third International Conference on Building Science, Architecture and Civil Engineering entitled Two Bodies of Art (Architecture and Cinema), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, June 2016.
- Publication of an article in the Second International Congress of Structure, Architecture and Urban Development entitled “Study of the relationship between users’ gender and the quality of urban space (with emphasis on women’s issues), November 2014.
- Presenting an article in the conference on women, architecture and the city entitled “Study of the relationship between gender and perception of the environment in urban space, March 2014.
- Presenting an article in the International Conference on Lighting and Lighting in Iran entitled “Study of lighting and its effective factors in improving the quality of urban spaces” (Case study: Parks in Tehran Region 1), Fall 2013`
- Publication of an article in the Second National Conference on Islamic Urban Planning and Architecture (from theory to application) of Tabriz University of Islamic Art, entitled The role of various materials – based on brick – in restoring Iranian-Islamic identity and promoting a sense of place, November 2013
- Printing an article in the scientific journal of architecture and culture entitled A new approach to the interior design of stores, crossing borders, the fourteenth year, number fifty, winter 2012
- Printing an article in the first National Conference on New Thoughts and Technologies in Architecture, Tabriz, entitled Evaluation of Smart Materials in New Technologies in Architecture, March 2013.
- Printing and presenting an article as a poster in the first National Conference on New Thoughts and Technologies in Architecture, Tabriz, entitled A New Understanding of the Morphology of Biological Organisms for Ideation in Architectural Design, March 2013
What do you think of this architect?
We love your feedback and would to hear your comments!